The Brookwood in Buckhead: Atlanta’s first high-rise condo complex to earn LEED certification
Thanks to Katherine Strate who sent along this information about The Brookwood, a recently-completed high rise community located just South of Piedmont Hospital on Peachtree!
Even though it’s just a building, The Brookwood is contributing to the Atlanta community in many ways through its green standards. In fact, it’s slated to be Atlanta’s first residential high-rise to receive LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Here are some other neat features about the building:
- A 3/4-acre green “Garden Terrace” level designed to harvest and re-circulate rainwater as irrigation via a 29,000 gallon cistern
- Dual-flush “European style” toilets and other plumbing fixtures that reduce water use by 20 percent annually over traditional fixtures
- Floorplans rotated 90° from ordinary condo layouts to maximize window space and decrease the need for artificial lighting
- Low VOC paints and CRI Green Label carpet used throughout
- A central recyclables chute
- Oil finished, FSC-approved hardwood floors
- A “healthy living”-inspired model home furnished and accessorized only in non-toxic, sustainable materials
- The Showhouse for the Cure to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation Greater Atlanta affiliate
The Brookwood has hosted numerous events for organizations like the Georgia Conservancy and the Atlanta Humane Society. Click here to see pictures of The Brookwood on facebook! If you’re interested, you can also set up a tour by contacting Katherine at 404-214-0716 or email@example.com.