Atlanta BeltLine Quarterly Briefing this Thursday, February 26, 2009!
Once a quarter, the Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. and the BeltLine Partnership host a community meeting to update Atlanta residents as to the progress of the project. So come on out and learn about what’s going on with the BeltLine!
- When: Thursday, February 26th, 2009 from 6-8 p.m.
- Where: 130 Trinity Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30303
Topic will include:
- 2009 BeltLine priorities
- BeltLine Partnership Capital Campaign update (in 2008, the capital campaign raised $30 million raised and invested $10.9 million in parks and trails)
- BeltLine implementation update
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund update
Plus, what to expect in 2009!
- More money raised toward $60 million capital campaign goal
- Additional investments in parks & trails
- BeltLine Earth Day clean-up (April 18th)
- BeltLine Bike Ride (April 26th)
- More groundbreakings and grand openings
- More BeltLine tours and monthly BeltLine 101 sessions
- BeltLine booth at 10-12 neighborhood festivals (if you’re interested in volunteering, please email me! firstname.lastname@example.org. I help the BeltLine coordinate volunteers for these festivals and it’s a ton of fun!)
- Expanded volunteer opportunities at http://www.BeltLine.org
- Social networking and other opportunites to engage with the BeltLine online
- Creation of an independent Community Land Trust organization
- Distribution of resource guide for residents of being economically displaced
- Strategy to connect residents with new jobs created along the BeltLine